Saturday, January 14, 2006

Infatuated Football Fanatic

I remember the day when I was asked way back when I was 10 years old “do you know which one is the most preferred and most followed game in the world?” I promptly said “yeah, of course. Cricket!!.” Came back a swift reply in the form of a huge grin. What else would you expect from someone who never had the opportunity to view any other game other than cricket till age of 12? Damn doordarshan (a TV channel in India) never used to air any other game other than cricket, which (without any slightest hesitation in saying) is the most boring game and the most over hyped game I have ever come across. Naah! I am not going to waste my time here talking about it. I would prefer maundering about the game I love the most, FOOTBALL!

The minute you step into the field, you feel the adrenaline rushing through you. The feeling of ecstasy when the ball is at your feet and under your control is just indescribable. The frolic you get when you try to tease the opponents to steal the ball is just awesome. Bewildering them with your dribbling skills and getting the ball past them is just something you would love to do over and over again. Football is such a fast paced game which makes it a fun game to play and watch.

The best part of it is that it makes you involved throughout the game. You feel a part of it, and you have the palpating sensation that you can make something happen. Have you ever seen the delight on the faces of someone who has scored a goal? No dude, its not cause he has scored for his club or country. Its an inner feeling which arouses out of you which makes you jump around with joy. Passion involved in the game is immense. Not only am I talking about the players involved, but also the spectators watching the game. That’s why it’s the most followed game in the world. World Cup is just a few months away. Bhoy! I cant wait, I just cant.

Every weekend, I manage to squeeze some time for this wonderful game with some of my friends. Lack of football fields in our locality is not gonna hinder us from playing. Winning or losing doesn’t matter me a bit. At the end of the day, it just leaves me satisfied and pleased that I have done something what I love doing most, PLAY FOOTBALL!

3 comments:

jute said...

I used to play football when I was a freshman in high school. I was a player, but then an accident happened one day (one of the players, the goalie, got kicked in the head and her neck got broken...no she didn't die) so our principal abolished the girl's team. I loved it. It was exactly what you said it is. But I'm kinda glad the team got abolished. It's also kinda tiring and I found that I have low stamina for all that running and kicking. I was the last man for our team, so I didn't do a lot of running. That's probably why I liked it.

The Ignoramus said...

join the koramangala football club if u want da.

Rocking on My Heels said...

I am allergic to the word "cricket"!!! I prefer lawn tennis myself.. But football is not far behind.. :) Love the energy on the field... BTW, nice blog..